Melonie Park South Pool Hours
Last day of operation:
(The pool will close on weekdays when L.I.S.D. resumes classes in August. It will continue to be open on weekends through Labor Day.)
Weekly operation schedule:
Closed Monday (except holidays)
Open Tuesday thru Saturday
12:00 Noon until 7:00 p.m.
Sunday – 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Melonie Park South Pool Rules
1. ENTRY: Each MPS resident entering the pool area must show his or her membership tag to a MPS
employee and sign the Homeowner sheet. Each Non‐Homeowner member family will pick up their
laminated family membership card at the first pool visit, and sign in on a separate sheet. These families
will have to present the family card at each subsequent pool visit when signing in.
2. GUESTS: Five dollars ($5.00) will be charged for each guest. No more than four guests will be allowed.
Residents and non‐homeowner members must accompany their guests to the pool. MPS residents will
not be charged for guests unless the number of guests exceeds the number of pool tags. Nonhomeowners
must pay for all guests (anyone not listed on the family card).
3. RULES LIFEGUARDS WILL ENFORCE:
- Children under the age of 10 must have adult supervision at the pool.
- Running is not allowed! This includes when attempting to dive into the pool.
- Dunking, pushing people in the pool, standing or sitting on shoulders, throwing people in the air and other forms of horseplay are not permitted at any time!
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time and only one bounce.
- The diving board weight limit is 250 pounds.
- Dive straight off the board and exit at the ladders, not the sides of the pool.
- All diving from the sides of the pool must be done in the middle, roped part of the pool, in six (6) feet of water or more.
- Older children should play mostly in the middle of the pool, leaving the shallow end for smaller children.
- No hand‐held flotation devices (kickboards, noodles, etc.) may be used in the deep end.
- No playing is allowed in the diving board area. Go off the board, then exit at the ladders.
- Always enter the water feet first in the shallow end.
- No food, drink or gum is allowed in the pool at any time.
- Save flips, back dives, and other “tricks” for the diving board. Do not attempt these from the side of the pool!
- All swimmers under the age of 18 must clear the pool during adult swim. Small children that cannot swim may be in the water with adults. Children wanting to play catch at this time must exit the facility.
- No cursing or foul language is permitted at any time.
- No tobacco or alcohol of any kind may be in the pool area or on premises.
- No public displays of affection are allowed!
- No glassware is permitted inside the pool area.
4. PARENTS, please supervise your small children! Our lifeguards are not babysitters. This includes the
baby pool, bathrooms and big pool.
5. MUSIC: Please use earphones if you prefer your own music to the central music on the loud speaker.
The guards must be able to hear all activity near the pool.
6. POOL PHONE: Frivolous use of the pool telephone is prohibited.
To download a copy of the Pool Rules, please click here
Swimming Lesson Information Click Here
Michael is in his seventh year of employment at MPS pool. He has graduated from Texas Tech and just finished his student teaching. He will be teaching at Wright Elementary in the fall.
Todd is in his second year as manager of the MPS pool. He is employed as the athletic trainer at Estacado High School and is married to Roxanne Faison. They have a 3 year old boy, PJ.